If you are trying to decide between an above ground pool and an in-ground pool, here are a few facts to consider before you go out and purchase one.
· Shape: In-ground pools come in many different shapes (oval, square, kidney-shaped, or a mix ) while above ground pools are usually only round or oblong.
· Size: Above ground pools are smaller than in-ground pools, which may come in many different sizes to suit your requirements. Needless to say, you will spend less money on water but you will also restrict yourself to what you can do on your pool.
· The Deep End: An above ground pool may not have a diving board because just some above ground pools have a deep end but they normally are only 6 feet that isn’t right to dive from a higher height.
· Expense: Above ground pools are quite a bit cheaper than in-ground pools, occasionally just a quarter of the price, so they are far less expensive. Occasionally under $1000.
· The complete Cost: What you save by purchasing a more affordable above ground pool, you might spend by constructing a deck and erecting a fence that is taller to be able to keep your privacy. An in-ground pool doesn’t take a deck since it is possible to walk on the floor and a fence only must be routine height to your privacy.
· Setup: You can often set up an above ground pool by following the manufacturer’s instructions. An in-ground pool will take an expert to install correctly, adding to the cost.
So which is the best one for you? It all comes down to what you need to do in the pool. Are you swimming laps? Are your kids splashing around for fun? Are you currently teaching swimming lessons? Have you got enough space to have a pool and other backyard area? Will your kids use one kind of pool now and another type in the future?
Above ground pools are great options for group play, like a fun game the water pulled splashing around in the water on a hot afternoon. An in-ground pool, while more costly, likely provides increased versatility because it also lets you swim laps and have a slide and diving board.